Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the components of MS Office developed by Microsoft. Slide is a collection of pages which are made by using MS PowerPoint application. You can include graphics, sounds, text, movies and many other objects in the slide. MS PowerPoint provides the platform to create professional presentation. You can also add music that will play in the background which is played during the presentation.
Animation can be accustomed which helps to create small story presentation by including sounds and images. This application includes various features that have the ability to create a good professional presentation. MS PowerPoint is one of the most common applications that are used for business purpose. MS PowerPoint is also used in education sector. Animation feature is one of the most striking features of MS PowerPoint.
Also Read: 1) Efficient Way to Repair Corrupt Excel Files
Sometimes, you might get an error message while opening an MS PowerPoint file because it may be corrupted. The error message which confirms that your .ppt file is corrupt is:
“PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by filename.ppt”
PPT files get corrupted due to various reasons which are unknown to you. Some common reasons include virus infection, hard disk failure, abrupt system shutdown, etc. Other than these reasons there are some different reasons which make the .ppt file corrupt (if using PowerPoint 2000, 2002 and 2003), they are:
- If your .ppt file is password protected and the password was added to your file using PowerPoint 2002 or 2003 and you are trying to open it in earlier versions, then you may get this above error message. Resave it without applying password.
- If you have downloaded the .ppt file as an attachment, then it may be corrupted because the sender has not zipped the file.
- PPT file may become inaccessible which has been created using PowerPoint 2003 and you try to open it in earlier version.
If your file is not corrupted due to above reasons, then it is actually corrupted and you need to recover PPT file to extract your important data from it. You can try to repair corrupted PPT file by using different manual ways, such as:
- Use MS Word: Open MS Word application and by clicking on File tab, browse and open the corrupt PPT file and open it. If data is recovered in MS Word, move the text to .ppt format by clicking on “Send To” option and choosing MS PowerPoint application.
- Use Insert Menu to insert slides: Create a blank presentation and insert the slides of corrupt PPT file by clicking on Insert > Slides from Files > Browse corrupt file.
- Use “Reuse Slides” option (PowerPoint 2007/2010):
- Create blank presentation and save it
- Now click on Home and select New Slide > Reuse Slides
- Select Browse button and then select Browse File, specify .ppt file and open it
- Check “Keep Source formatting” box which is at the bottom of Reuse Slides panel
- Choose Insert All Slides by right clicking on the first slide in Reuse Slides window
- Save and republish the new presentation.
These are some of the manual ways to repair PPT file and recover data from it. But these manual solutions don’t extract sounds, pictures, animations and all other objects except text. These above manual ways may not work if your .ppt file is highly corrupted. To recover all the objects of corrupted PPT file including audio and video objects, you need to use third-party recovery tool.
Also Recommended: 1) How to Recover Corrupted OST File ?
SysInfoTools PPT Recovery Tool scans the corrupt PPT file and extracts all the images and pictures. It doesn’t damage the original .ppt file and safely recovers data from it. By using demo version, you can see the preview of the recovered data. Demo version is a freeware, you just need to download and install it on your system.