Passwords are specially assigned to files to preserve the data secrecy and to protect the files from any third party or unauthenticated access. Outlook PST files are also secured in the same manner by password encryption. Email messages are very important for the users as they contain confidential details of their business and personal life. It is very understood that organizations and home users cannot afford unauthorized accessibility to such valuable and confidential data, that’s why password should be applied to your mailbox folder. The CRC32 program is applied on Outlook to store PST password. This program generates a 32-bit hash code. PST file of Outlook is saved on computer’s drive as a file system.
By default, a Microsoft Outlook PST file is located at:
FOR WINDOWS 7 OR VISTA “C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Microsoft Outlook”
FOR WINDOWS XP: “C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft Outlook”
Microsoft Outlook allows multiple users to access MS Outlook application on the same system, each having an independent personal mailbox folder.
How to set password on these personal folders?
- Open MS Outlook 2010 then go to File tab and select Account Settings
- On Account Settings dialog box, click on Data Files tab and then click the folder on which you want to a set password.
- Select Settings option and then go to Change Password
- Type your new password.
- Verify the password by typing it again. Don’t select save this password tab in your password list check box if other users have to share the same computer.
- Click Ok and then close the application Window.
But sometimes, you may encounter that MS Outlook fails to identify the PST password. Imagine the situation if you fail to recall the password of your Outlook (PST) email address. All your important data like- email messages, appointment list, and contacts will go astray. The situation may become worse even when your email client is unable to help you in regaining the forgotten password.
To get more knowledge on managing Outlook mails such as reducing size of Personal folder, splitting PST file, converting ANSI PST to Unicode and merging multiple PST files into one – read these Email Management Solutions
Sometimes your Windows profile may get seriously damaged due to a system crash or failure. Once the system is recovered, you may notice that Windows profile is lost and Outlook PST files are unobtainable. You may get an error message of ‘Incorrect Password” when transferring your personal data like- email messages and contacts from PST file to your new profile. An error message is also turn up when you add more file to oversize your PST files.
But don’t give up hope as there are lots of password recovery solution rescue. These recovery solutions efficiently recover password of any length and give the option to save it to a file or clipboard.
SOME BEST WAY TO RECOVER YOUR OUTLOOK PST PASSWORD BACK :-
- There are numbers of companies who provides numerous of PST password recovery software’s online. Such Password recovery tools also include software’s to recover passwords of MS SQL Server, VBA, MS Access, NSF local securities remover, MS Access, MSN, IE, Windows Live, DBX, etc. Many of these password recovery tools provided by SysInfoTools are free of cost. Its “Outlook PST Password Recovery” tool is a top rated tool to recover your MS Outlook PST password of any length. This tool supports both your ANSI and Unicode files.
- Usually it is a bit tough for users to recover their password of Outlook PST file. But manually you can set a new password or remove password protection from your PST file.
- You can also upgrade your PST file by running “PST19UPG.exe”. It upgrades your Outlook PST file format to next version of Outlook format and thus, removes a password. In this way, you can access your important contents and email messages from PST file without any requirement of password. Use PST19UPG.exe with SCANPST.exe in the following given way :
- Locate PST19UPG.exe and click twice on it. To know the location of scanpst.exe stored in your computer, just read: How to Repair PST File of MS Outlook?
- Click on the open tab then Start and Run.
- Now type the command PST19UPG.EXE followed by the PST file path and file name and click on enter tab. Duplicate copy of PST file is created with the extension – psx
- Now you can rename your original .pst file.
- Open cmd and type “exe -filename.psx” and click enter.
- Now new PST file is created from this duplicate .psx
- Once again click twice on exe and then click to repair.
- Start MS Outlook and open your new PST file.
Outlook PST Password Recovery by SysInfoTools is a very strong and useful tool provided at a very low cost. It’s smart and reliable feature make it stand out of the crowd. It supports multilingual password, compatible with all the Windows Operating System versions and supports all versions of MS Outlook till 2013. Free demo version is also available.